We have started 2017 with a complete rebuild of RogueCube, as we have mentioned previoulsy on our web and Twitter.
It’s been more than a month working on the whole code from scratch, and we’ve finally achieved a playable version -that will get screenshots and gameplay published soon.
From all the improvements that RogueCube has experimented during this period, we find the following ones the most important to highlight:
- Multiplayer – Currently limited to local CO-OP with a maximum of four players, but the implementation of a LAN multiplayer is actually being considered.
- New AI – Now enemies can better analyze every situation and choose a response from a large set of actions, such as attacking, chasing, patrolling, setting traps to the player and more.
- Better graphics – Interface and characters have been completely redefined.
- Improved Level Generator.
- New enemies – with different abilities, patterns and AI.
We wont show more information at the moment, since we are working on the actual Demo release -version 1.0-, but new screenshots and more data will keep going public on our Twitter, so take a look if you want!
See you at 1.0. Cheers!